How restaurant or store injuries can affect your entire life
Every day, people shop in stores and dine in restaurants throughout Greater Toronto Area. Most people don’t think about the risks of injury as they enjoy a meal or stroll through a mall. Injuries at restaurants and stores are not uncommon in Greater Toronto Area.
When a premises liability case arises out of an accident at a restaurant or store, it’s wise to retain an experienced attorney. At Hurt In Mississauga we put our experience and resources to work for clients injured on commercial properties such as restaurants and stores. Get in touch with us now. Call 1 (800) 793-3903.
Restaurant accidents in Mississauga
Restaurant owners have a duty to run a clean and safe establishment. Whether a customer is walking across the parking lot or sitting at a table, that person deserves to have an experience free from injury. Owners must ensure that anything spilled or dropped on the floor is picked up promptly to avoid a potential slip and fall accident. They must make sure the parking lot is well lighted to reduce the risk of crimes. An attack in a parking lot may lead to a negligent security lawsuit.
Other potential restaurant liabilities include:
– Food poisoning: The restaurant owner may be responsible for poor food safety procedures that result in patrons becoming ill.
– Illegal alcohol sales: The restaurant owner may be liable if an underage person or a visibly intoxicated person is served alcohol and then causes injury to another person.
Store accidents in Greater Toronto Area
The following are examples of potentially hazardous conditions that may lead to injuries at a store:
– Heavy items falling off a shelf and either striking a customer or otherwise creating a potential “trip and fall” hazard
– Malfunctioning escalator
– A liquid spill on the floor that has been reported several times and no one has done anything to clean it up
– An employee mops a floor, but fails to put up a caution sign
In some cases, you may think your injury is only minor. The insurance company may offer a settlement that you see as “found money.” You may be making a costly mistake, because future medical treatment may lead to additional bills and hardship. The insurance company is aware of this possibility, which is why they may try to settle quickly and for far less money than you may need to cover your losses.
Before speaking with the insurance company, talk to an experienced lawyer in Greater Toronto Area. At Hurt In Mississauga we can examine the facts in your case, consult with experts and determine the best course of action.
How a restaurant or store accident lawyer can help
If you or your loved one was injured at a store or restaurant,contact Hurt In Mississauga, today. An experienced premises liability attorney can help you pursue compensation for your losses. Call a personal injury lawyer today who knows how to protect your rights. Call 1 (800) 793-3903.