If you’re in a car accident, it’s natural to feel agitated, upset, confused and even angry. At Hurt In Mississauga, we have come up with a list of suggested steps to take after a car accident to help get you through the first part of this difficult ordeal. You can print out this page and keep a copy in your glove box.
Please remember to call Hurt In Mississauga, before making any statement to an insurance company or agreeing to any settlement with an insurance company representative.
At the accident location:
– Pull over
– Determine if anyone is injured
– Call 911 if needed
– Obtain information from all drivers involved in the accident (including full names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and drivers’ license numbers).
– If a commercial truck or other type of commercial vehicle was involved, write down the registration numbers on the trailer and cab. Determine who owns the vehicle.
– Look for any witnesses and obtain their contact information.
– Use your camera (if you have one) to take photos of the accident location, weather and road conditions and the extent of the damage.
– Don’t discuss the accident with the other drivers or witnesses, and don’t accept any responsibility.
After the accident
– See a doctor immediately if you experience any type of pain or believe you’re injured.
– Contact your insurance company (after talking to us) to report the accident. Give them the contact information for other drivers.
Remember not to give any statement to your insurance company before talking to a lawyer.
– Obtain a copy of the accident report.
– If you’re injured, continue to keep appointments with your doctor and keep him or her informed about your pain and other effects of the injury.
Contact a car accident lawyer
At Hurt In Mississauga, we’re ready to provide guidance after a car accident anywhere in the Mississauga and we come to your site if you can’t come to us. Contact us today. Remember, your initial consultation is free. You don’t pay us any fees unless you win.
Don’t let a car accident ruin your life. Take back control. Call HURT IN Mississauga today for your free, personal injury consultation 1 (800) 793 – 3903.